How to create a Flarum forum at no cost?

Hey Bloggers,
In this tutorial, I am going to discuss a very reliable and free way to install or create a forum using Flarum forum software
This tutorial is especially for those peoples who don’t want to make their hands dirty with coding.

SMO Forum is based on a very modern forum software called Discourse. It requires a lot of resources and a dedicated I.P. which most of the bloggers can’t afford or don’t want to spend money on it.
So, here comes the life-saver Flarum. It is one of the best modern forum software which even runs on shared hosting.

But in this tutorial, I am sharing about the free way to create a forum based on Flarum. I will discuss about installing it on shared hosting some other day.

Follow the steps below and your forum will be ready within few seconds

1. Go to freeflarum.com
  2. Enter the name of your forum and the admin email and click on create forum
  3. On the next page you will get your forum domain of your forum

4.Here’s your Forum in all its glory

Configuration and Setup

If you want to use a custom domain for your forum then you can add it here : https://www.freeflarum.com/settings
and also add a CNAME in your DNS Manager

@ smo.freeflarum.com

Of course, add your own subdomain given by freeflarum for your forum.
Now, wait for sometime for DNS propagation.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Verma

Hey, Abhishek!
Thanks for sharing this awesome tutorial…
Yes, you are right, for installing a Discourse forum you need resources and a cloud server.

And beginners can’t afford in their starting days.

Flarum is the best forum software for beginners.

Thanks for sharing :grinning:

Hello. Do you want to try only on Flarum ?

I would like to recommend you to try another platform. Maybe this one also will be interesting for you - Weblium.
It is a free Website Builder for different purposes. Here many business templates but also a great opportunity to create free forum.

Compare and enjoy!

I just checked that out and found many interesting features.
Have you ever created any forum using that if yes then share the link or any demo?